What is St, John’s wort? This is a natural herb used for helping people that suffer from depression. It’s a popular herb used a medicine all over the world. The flower and leaves of this herb has healing powers. Hypericin is the chemical in the herb that is supposed to have an effect on the nervous system and your mood.
St. John’s wort is an herb. Its flowers and leaves are used to make medicine. This herb is frequently use when people are depressed. Also, it helps people that have problems sleeping, eating because they are depressed. Also, it’s to help individuals that have problems with anxiety and lack of energy
There are other illnesses that St. John’s wort is used for such as fibromyalgia, migraines, nerve problems and muscle pain. Individuals that experience a lot of problems with headaches.
St. John’s wort is found in the United States and Canada in the ground of roadsides, woods and meadows. Also, it can be found in Europe. It’s also a very popular crop in Australia.
Who Should Not Use St. John’s Wort
- Pregnant women
- If you are allergic to the ingredients in the herb
- If you are taking antidepressants, blood thinners, amphetamines or narcotic analgesics
- Serotonin Blockers
- Planning to become pregnant or breast feeding
- Have allergies to medicines and foods
- Have history of bipolar disorder or infertility
- Some people have allergic reactions such as problems breathing, lips, face and tongue swelling.
- Some people have problems with their throat closing
- Some people break out in hives
- Some people become sensitive to sun light
- Some people experience constipation
Does St. John’s wort? Yes, research and studies show that St. John is a very effect herbal medication against mild and moderate depression.