Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices. A popular question is can cinnamon help you lose weight. The answer is yes. Cinnamon is a spice that will help you burn fat and lose weight.
Cinnamon can help the bodycheapest place to buy propecia online far beyond its normal levels, enabling you to burn fat far easier, especially fat stored away that your body was going to use on a rainy day. Cinnamon can also help control your appetite and food cravings by lowering blood sugar levels.
Cinnamon Affects On Diabetes
Cinnamon on the other hand has been extensively researched with regard to diabetes. One research study found that as little as half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day was able to lower blood sugar, in poorly controlled diabetics. Another study found that the components in cinnamon was able to lower and prevent insulin resistance.The appetite center of the brain has receptors for insulin, when someone is in a state of insulin resistance, most of the insulin cannot get to these receptors, the pancreas keeps putting out more and more insulin to bring glucose down and that keeps appetite high.
Health And Weight Loss Benefits Of Cinnamon
Circulation Improvement by blood thinning
Calcium and fibre protection against heart disease
Improvement of the colon – by getting rid of bile salts coming from the body
Prevention of irritable bowel syndrome and urinary tract infections
Lessens the effects of gum disease and tooth decay
Curbs sugar cravings
Supports the digestive function and Relieves congestion
Ability to tone and constrict tissues
Boosts cognitive memory and function thus boosting brain function
Relieves discomfort arising from painful menstration
Cinnamon possesses anti-clotting properties and aids the prevention of blood platelet clotting. All this puts cinnamon as an ‘anti-inflammatory’ food. The anti-inflammatory benefit is able to help relieve arthritis and relieve muscular and joint pains and stiffness.
Cinnamon has anti-microbial properties too. This action stops bacterial growth and yeast Candida and fungi also. Due to its great success as an ‘anti-microbial’, it is being used for food preservatiion.
Cinnamon has a host of other great benefits apart from its impact on blood sugar, its anti-microbial and anti-clotting properties. Listed below are a small number of the other benefits of cinnamon.
How To Use Cinnamon
The recommended dosage of cinnamon is a half teaspoon of real cinnamon per day. The most common way of consuming cinnamon is by adding it to the cup of tea. Many flavored teas blend well with a tinge of cinnamon such as apple and berry flavored teas.
Another way is to mix half teaspoon of cinnamon with 1 teaspoon of honey in a cup of boiling water. Leave this concoction with the cover for 30 minutes before serving. Divide a half of this for drinking before breakfast and drinking the rest before going to bed.
It is recommended to take 1/2 teaspoon to two teaspoons daily. But, of course, taper this dose to your own stomach and any other medical conditions that you may have. (Those with sensitive stomachs should taper the amount to their own needs. Also please get your health care provider’s okay – just to be on the safe side. (Diabetics may find that they need a reduction in their medication).
– Cubed mango, 1 passion fruit and cinnamon – combine together and eat
– Peanut or Almond butter on celery stick and cinnamon sprinkled on top
Cinnamon Weight Loss Recipe
1) Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to 8 ounces of boiling water and stir well.
2) Cover the mixture and allow it to cool to room temperature.
3) Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the mixture. Stir well and drink half of it before going to bed. Do not adding honey to a hot mixture or scope it with a metal teaspoon as it may destroy the enzymes and nutrients.
4) Cover the balance of the honey and cinnamon weight loss mixture and keep it in fridge overnight.
5) Drink the cold mixture the first thing in the morning before breakfast without heating it up.
Cinnamon And Tea Recipe
- 1 part cinnamon to 2 parts raw honey
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over cinnamon and steep for half hour
- Add honey after it has cooled
- Drink half of the tea before going to bed and the other half in the morning