One of the best things you can do to protect and keep the body healthy is take vitamins. Vitamins are very important especially when you get older. I think you should take vitamins daily simply because we live in a society in which people have bad diets.
Vitamins have several benefits to them and it is important to begin taking vitamins if you have not done so already. If you are not sure if you should be taking a vitamin you may need to discuss it with your doctor first. Also, when you do choose a vitamin try to get a whole food vitamin or least a vitamins that are natural.
Vitamins have a lot of benefits to the body when you take them. They can help build and boost your immune system. They will diminish the chances of you getting sick. Also, they can help absorb nutrients from foods that you eat, vitamins can help prevent conditions such as bone loss and promote healthy kidneys and heart. The iron in vitamins can help you avoid Anemia. The vitamin C may help prevent colds and other conditions that make you sick.
Benefits Of Vitamins
1) HEALTHY VISION:- Vitamin A and vitamin B2 are both needed for healthy vision. Without getting enough of these vitamins you can suffer from a variety of vision problems.
2) HEALTHY GROWTH:- Many of the B-complex vitamins are essential for the production of new cells. Furthermore, vitamins B9 and B12 are required so that deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and ribonucleic acid (RNA) can be created.
3) WOUND HEALING:- Vitamin B5, vitamin C and vitamin K all help your wounds heal properly. A number of studies have shown that vitamin B5 can help wounds heal properly. Vitamin C assists with the production of the connective tissue collagen which is required to heal all types of wound.
4) STRONG BONES:- Vitamin A and vitamin D both help your body create strong, healthy bones. Failure to get enough of these two vitamins can lead to a number of bone related problems such as osteoporosis (which causes reduced bone density) and rickets which causes your bones to swell and fracture.
5) STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM:- All the B-complex vitamins have been linked with helping your immune system stay strong. Vitamin C helps the body produce white blood cells which fight viruses and infections.
Types Of Vitamins
- Water soluble – These are vitamins that dissolve in water easily, and they are excreted in urine. These are Vitamin C, B1(thiamine), B2(riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B12 (Cobalamine) and B9 (folate). They are stored for a short period in the tissues, but vitamin B12 is stored in the liver.
- Fat soluble – these are stored in the fatty tissues of the body, and these are vitamin A, D, E and K.
The best way to get all the 13 vitamins is by eating a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables. But at times due to various circumstances, we may fail to get foods that have a particular type of vitamin. That is why people will opt to take supplements. Taking herbal supplements is very beneficial to the body, and they can be bought at any health and vitamin stores. The benefits include:
- Vitamin A – also called Beta Carotene, it is found in sweet potatoes, carrots, green peppers and it is essential for a healthy vision, healthy skin, boosting the function of the immune system and for the growth and development of the cells.
- Vitamin B1 – helps the body change carbohydrates to energy which is required by the body, maintain proper metabolism and proper nerve function. Can be found in nuts and cereals
- Vitamin B2 – it is essential for cell reproduction and growth, healthy skin and metabolism.
- Vitamin B3 – essential for a healthy skin and nerves and can be found in seafoods, legumes, milk, eggs.
- Vitamin B5 – responsible for the production of cholesterol hormone and also essential for food metabolism. It is found in almost all foods
- Vitamin B6 – helps in maintaining the brain function, formation of red cells
- Vitamin B7 – essential for protein and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin B9 – essential for production of DNA which controls growth of cells and tissue function
- Vitamin B12 – important for maintaining the central nervous system, the red cell formation and metabolism.
- Vitamin C – found mostly in citrus foods, broccoli, berries and it deals with the common cold by raising immunity, promotes wound healing and strengthens blood vessels
- Vitamin D – this vitamin is best got from the sun, and it is essential for preventing rickets and osteoporosis. If there is no much sun in your area, then taking Vitamin D supplements from health and vitamin stores will help take care of the needed vitamin. It also aids in the absorption of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth.
297 total views, no views today