I eat cucumbers at least four times a weak because of the health benefits. Cucumber is from the family Cucurbitaceae and is botanically recognized as Cucumis sativus. The cucumber is a popular plant used extensively as a fresh food as well as pickles. Like most members of the cucurbitaceae family, cucumber is a fruit but is typically used as a vegetable. Cucumbers are a vine that can be grown along the ground or trained along a trellis or other structure such as a garden arch or wooden frame. They are typically left to creep along the ground in most garden environments.
Cucumbers are rich in vitamins, vitamins that you need for your daily functioning. They are rich in Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Carbohydrates and Minerals like Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Potassium and Phosphorous. You can use Cucumbers in many ways to improve your health and boost your vitality.
Facts About Cucumbers
- Cucumbers are a fruit, but are typically treated as a vegetable.
- Cucumbers are amongst the oldest of cultivated vegetables.
- Cucumbers are more than 90% water, a natural diuretic they aid in assisting the promotion of the flow of urine.
- Because the most flavour is in cucumber seeds, the medium and smaller sized varieties tend to have more flavour.
- Some people assume the skin is poisonous on cucumbers. My father would always peel cucumber before slicing it. He would also cut the first inch off the end of cucumbers with a similar belief that they were poisonous. The skin is actually quiet high in nutrients and adds a small amount of flavour.
Health Benefits Of A Cucumber
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. All those vitamins and minerals in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.
- Keeps kidneys in shape. Cucumber lowers uric acid levels in your system, keeping the kidneys happy.
- Good for diabetics. Patients of diabetes can enjoy cucumber while also reaping its health benefits: cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
- Reduces cholesterol. A compound called sterols in cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.
- Keeps you hydrated. If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will cheerfully compensate!
- Fights heat, both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heartburn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from sunburn and itchy skin.
- Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Nourishes you with vitamins. A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
- Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon. That’s why cucumber-based treatments are popular in spas.
- Aids in weight loss. Enjoy cucumbers in your salads and soups. My favorite snack? Crunchy cucumber sticks with creamy yogurt dip.
- Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
- Cuts cancer risk. Cut down your risk of several cancers by including cucumber in your diet. Several studies show its cancer-fighting potential.
- Stabilizes blood pressure. Patients that struggle with blood pressure, both high and low, often find that eating cucumber brings relief.
- Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good.
- Smooths hair and nails. Silica, the wonder mineral in cucumber makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
If you suspectthat the client has ascites because of a dis-tended abdomen or bulging flanks performthis special percussion technique.The clientshould remain supine. Here insulin deficiency is partial and low level of endogenous insulin is present cheap propecia canada which issufficient to inhibit hepatic ketogenesis, but insufficient to control hyperglycemia. Pubic hair developmentand penile enlargement are concurrent with testicular growth(Table 31-2). Intriguingly cheap propecia canada multiple polyphenols,including those in pomegranate juice (rich in tannins andanthocyanins), appear to inhibit angiotensin signaling (per-haps in part from nonspecific antioxidant effects, but alsofrom inhibition of angiotensin-converting enzyme activity)and may also reduce blood pressure (Stowe, 2011). The main limitation was recall bias (as inmany case–control studies): whether the mothers of babies with SIDS weremore likely to remember accurately how their baby was put to bed than thecontrol mothers. Diagnosis may also be suspected on double-contrastbarium studies Diagnosis may also be suspected on double-contrastbarium studies.
Neurologic complications of critical medical illness.Crit Care Med. Participants who had a syncopal episode ofunclear etiology had an increased risk of a subsequentmyocardial infarction and/or death (Soteriades et al.,2002).
The liver loads lipids onto apo-B and secretesVLDL, which undergoes lipolysis by LPL and HL to form LDL. Occult bleeding with good mucosal visualization: colonoscopy is the initial proce-dure of choice. rate of bacterialcell killing is directly related to the ratio ofthe peak antibiotic concentration to the MICvalue. These veins give rise to a second capillary network inthe pars distalis, where the neuroendocrine secretions produced in thehypothalamus and collected in the median eminence and infundibulumare released. All patients whoremain symptomatic even while receiving ACEinhibitor/ARB cheap propecia canada blocker and diuretic should betreated with digitalis.
Severalrecent studies have indicated that oats, in moderate amounts(? cup), is safe for the majority of adults and children withCD. For patients who smoke,careful consideration must be taken when selecting a regional flap to ensure reliability ofthe skin portion of the flap. As a resultof the ultimate breakdown of the plasma membrane, thecytoplasmic contents, including lysosomal enzymes, arereleased into the extracellular space.
Traditional reproductive toxicitystudies are a major source of data on the effects of potentialreproductive toxicants in both men and women. This change decreases the enzyme V cheap propecia canada with nochange in K (affinity). Recently, for … months,thepatientfeels increasing weakness and stiffness of thewholebody, difficulty in walking, performing daily activities like combing, eating, writing, etc. For example, if a bloodtransfusion would be lifesaving, the parents cannot refuse. Methylation of right-sided tumors is more common in females and the proportion increases with age[ 45] Methylation of right-sided tumors is more common in females and the proportion increases with age[ 45]. Subsequent experiments indicated a direct role for p63 in transcriptionalrepression of miR-155 cheap propecia canada which was relieved by the presence of GOF p53.
A point of maximalcurvature appears to be identi?able in each record-ing, but in this early study, no attempt was made touse this landmark for PEEP setting. Rosa M Martinez-Manasa, David Santamartab, Jose M de Camposb, et al. Initially GTN is givensublingually cheap propecia canada but if pain persists after 3 tablets5 min apart, i.v. In the quest to improve patientoutcomes, a practitioner would not abandon the neurologic examination because it failsto provide all of the information necessary to care for the patient. (2009)‘Taste Strips’—a rapid, lateralized, gustatory bedside identi-fication test based on impregnated fi lter papers. PVL is a necrotizing exotoxin, which causes leucocyte death and severedisease with shock . InCAPS, 4,904 participants (51.8% women, meanage 49.7 years) had the mean of means of the farwall common and internal C-IMT measured and hadfollow-up over 10 years for CHD events, includingmyocardial infarction and CHD death (25).
Nutrients In Cucumbers
Cucumbers are an excellent source of vitamin K and molybdenum. They are also a very good source of the pantothenic acid. They are also a good source of copper, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, phosphorus, magnesium, biotin and vitamin B1. They also contain the important nail health-promoting mineral silica.
Cucumber, sliced, raw
GI: very low
|vitamin K||17.06 mcg||19||21.9||excellent|
|pantothenic acid||0.27 mg||5||6.2||very good|
|vitamin C||2.91 mg||4||4.5||good|
|vitamin B1||0.03 mg||3||2.9||good|
41 total views, no views today