COPD is an abbreviation for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. This is the type of disease that makes it difficult for a person to breath. Also, this disease will get worse over time. When you have COPD you will cough a lot. However, it’s not an average cough. A person that has COPD will cough up a significant amount os mucus. Furthermore, they will often have shortness of breathe. Sometimes those that suffer with this disease experience a lot of wheezing and shortness breath. Also, they have discomfort in their chest.
Approximately 12 million people in the United States have COPD. According to the CDC it is the fourth leading cause of death. The death rate of men and women when it comes to this disease is about the same. This disease claims 120,000 lives a year in the U.S., and it is getting worse.
One of the main causes of COPD is cigarettes. Most people that have COPD presently smoke or used to smoke. Also, if you have subjected your body to a lot of chemicals, pollution, dust or certain irritants for a long period of time, you may ultimately suffer from COPD. People that suffer from this disease normally have damaged their lungs over a long period of time by smoking.
http://hassadityhair.com/product/virgin-burmese-body-wave-single-bundles/ COPD Include Two Types Of Diseases
1. Empysema: When you have emphysema your air sacs are damaged and lose their stretch. Less air gets in and out of the lungs, which makes you feel short of breath.
2. Chronic Bronchitis: The airways that carry air to the lungs or bronchial tubes get inflamed and makes a lot of mucus.This can narrow or block airways. Then it becomes difficult for a person to breath.
Why Is It Difficult To Breath When You Have COPD
source site When you have COPD, less air flows in and out of the airways because of one or more of the following:
• The airways and air sacs lose their elastic quality.
• The walls between many of the air sacs are destroyed.
• The walls of the airways become thick and inflamed.
• The airways make more mucus than usual, which can clog them.
Main Signs You Have COPD
1. Mucus that comes up when you cough
2. Shortness of breath especially when you work out
3. Chronic cough for an extended period of time
4. Shortness of breath when you do simple things like eating or putting on clothes
5. It takes a lot of energy to breath
6. Weight Loss
7. Feel weak all the time
You can’t undo the damage to your lungs. But you can take steps to prevent more damage and to feel better. http://constructorapi.com/baylor-football-2013-bears-aim-for-continued-success-in-big-12 Methods used to manage COPD is vaccinations, oxygen therapy, lung transplants and drug therapy. The best thing a person can do to manage COPD is Stop Smoking Immediately. Also, the individual should choose a whole food diet, drink purified water and exercise if they can. More importantly, you should never give up.
501 total views, 1 views today